The shapes stem from a Picasso/Matisse inspired face that is also a visual trend in fashion and design right now.
MAKE SMTHNG represents creativity, resourcefulness, inventiveness, community and sharing. We want to reduce shopping for new stuff by sharing, caring, transforming and repairing what we own - while keeping it fun, beautiful and forward thinking. As this branding is free for everyone, we trust you to use it in this spirit.
- Don’t sell: We kindly ask you not to use it for selling any products, as this would contradict our message. If you are a small business or entrepreneur, we trust you that you will use our MAKE SMTHNG branding to showcase your philosophy or skills rather than your products.
- Keep it positive: Don’t use it to insult, harm, mock or denounce anyone
- Be truthful and responsible: We are all makers in the spirit of reducing our impact on the world. So if what you make is harming people or the Earth - this brand is not for you.
- MAKE SMTHNG is the brand and should always be written in capitals, using this spelling, mirroring the logo.
- Hashtags should be written in lower case letters only - use #makesmthng as the main hashtag, #makersgonnamake to connect to the makers movement and #buynothing to connect to anti-consumerist movement. Additional hashtags can be used on Instagram.
Saying this, our responsibility for your designs ends here. Now it’s up to you to make it your own! We are looking forward to it! Share it with us at firstname.lastname@example.org or tag it on Instagram with #makesmthng
MAKE SMTHNG is all about amplifying the voices from our makers community.
Below the Logo »Make Something Week« we put all the allies involved in the respective activities. They are connected by the Make Something × which is the multiplication sign (not the X-Letter).
To find the × please go to Font › Glyphs › mathematical symbols or just copy and paste: × Example: Greenpeace × Fashion Revolution × Instructables × Shareable × Fashion Changers × Dr. Orange × Marie Nasemann × Emma Watson